Thursday, January 15, 2009

Start the new year with chocolate...


Well, it's been a while and I am still busy recovering from 'real life' after a wonderful relaxing holiday. When I feel depressed, I find that chocolate normally does the trick for me and makes me feel a little better. This is (or was) actually a Golden Cloud recipe that I had to modify so much because I started mixing before checking if I had all the ingredients. If I can give you good advice, don't start mixing any ingredients before you have made sure that you actually have everything that you need. This is a very rich pudding and not for the faint hearted! Go on, have a second helping...
I'm going to call this one chocolate surprise pudding.
Serves 4

Ingredients:
1 Cup flour
1 Egg
1 tsp hot chocolate
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
90ml sunflower oil
150 ml water
Sauce:
1 cup soft brown sugar
1 cup boiling water
25ml cocoa powder

Method:
Mix the flour, hot chocolate powder, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder together.
Beat egg, oil and water together and add to flour mixture. Mix together until smooth
Pour batter into a casserole dish and prepare the sauce.
For the sauce: mix all ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to the boil or stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour sauce slowly over mix and bake for 40min at 180 degrees
Serve hot with whipped cream.

Till next time. Enjoy!

No comments: